In chapter 6 of the SCORE Startup Roadmap, you’ll take the first, exciting steps toward making your business plan a reality.
You will choose an official name for your business, get a tax identification number and open a business bank account. You’ll also select and register a legal structure for your business and get any licenses and permits that your location and industry require.
Have you viewed other chapters of The SCORE Startup Roadmap? You don’t have to view them all—only the ones you and your mentor think are appropriate.
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
The Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx, is designed to detail every step in creating your successful dream business. Working with a SCORE mentor increases your chances for success. Good luck on your journey!